Hosanna COVID Safety Practices
In order to resume face-to-face worship, Hosanna has created guidelines for what will be our new norm. The following expectations are based on recommendations from the CDC, Governor DeWine, Dr. Acton, Bishop Dillahunt, the Southern Ohio Synod, and Hosanna’s Church Council.
● Participants will come at their own risk. If participants are experiencing any symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, diarrhea, etc), please stay home.
● These recommendations will be in place until further notice.
● In-Person Worship will be temporarily suspended again if The Ohio Public Advisory System lists Licking County at Level 4 (Purple).
● Everyone MUST wear masks including children (except for 2 years and under).
● The church will have a small supply of masks.
● PBret and the musicians will wear masks too.
● Gloves are not required. Proper hand washing is necessary. Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the church.
● Participants must maintain a 6-foot distance from non-household participants.
● The sanctuary will be rearranged into different groupings of chairs (singles, doubles, or family) Chairs can be moved to accommodate different size family groups.
● Children should stay with their families at all times and not interact with other kids or adults.
● If children cannot keep a mask on, it is recommended those families stay at home to watch online.
● Please no shaking hands or hugging.
● No regular bulletins until further notice. Participants are encouraged to use the screens. A limited number of large-print bulletins will be available though. Announcements will be on the screens and sent out via email each week.
● The following will not occur until further notice: greeters, acolytes, choir, children coming up for the children’s sermon, sharing of the peace, Sunday School, face-to-face bible studies, nursery, children’s activity bags, Jr. Church, and coffee hours.
● Praise Band will lead worship with a smaller group maintaining social distancing.
● At the end of the service, ushers will dismiss folks by sections to avoid groups congregating in the narthex.
● The church will be thoroughly cleaned before worship services each week.
● All doors will be propped open to avoid touching common surfaces.
● A volunteer team will sanitize door knobs, bathrooms, and chairs with an antiviral spray in-between services.
● Hymnals and pens have been taken out of the chairs. Connection cards will be temporarily suspended.
● Offering plates will be placed in several stationary strategic locations.
● Communion is offered weekly in a safe manner.
● A plan for communion has been developed and implemented to accommodate social distancing;
● If you feel uncomfortable being at church and you are scheduled to volunteer, please contact your volunteer coordinator or the church office. A replacement will be found.
Hosanna Office Visits
● If you need to visit Hosanna House, members are encouraged to make an appointment to meet with PBret or our Administrative Assistant, Angie. Masks are required and a 6-foot distance should be maintained.
Although it will be a challenge to adapt to this new norm, we believe these guidelines are necessary to make sure everyone, especially our most at-risk members, are safe during worship. If you are uncomfortable with any of these guidelines, the option to watch online will still be available. Through prayer and love for our neighbor we will get through this difficult time!
Yours in Christ,
Hosanna’s Church Council
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8: 38-39